Monday, November 16, 2020

Kenneth and the green recliner

 

Bonjour mes amis et ma famille! 

I hope all of you are doing good and you are finding peace amongst these crazy times! 

Sorry, it’s been a while since I've written a letter. A lot has happened since the last one I wrote so I'll try to sum up what went down really quickly. 

For one, my birthday was last Monday! We got a cake and ice cream; we went to the zoo and had an astounding meal at Sister Munoz's house! My first birthday in the field was amazing and I can't wait for the next one! Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and the kindness you showed me! 





As for the work, we have been doing a lot of service for non-members! I have been blessed to be put in a position to help others and to invite them to come unto Christ. As we have reached out to those in need, I have become so much more grateful and awe-inspired for and by our Savior, Jesus Christ. His Atonement is infinitely individual. I am grateful for His love. I am thankful for the opportunity to be His servant. I am blessed to bring others, with wounds too great for me to even fathom to heal, to Him. He is the master healer. He will heal those wounds. He is mighty to save.  

A funny story, we went on exchanges this week and I was able to serve with Elder Loesh for a day. He is a funny, spiritual powerhouse of an Elder! We were raking leaves and Sister Ealy found a small gardener snake. Elder Loesh (pronounced Lesh, I’ve messed up on pronouncing his name too many times to tell lol) wanted to keep the snake to prank his companion, Elder Noble. I offered to put the snake in the front pouch of my jacket to keep him around for the prank. Long story short we got attached to the snake and named him Kenneth! Kenneth was like my baby snake kangaroo! I fed him a cricket and took care of him during the whole service project. Well, almost the whole service project that is... I was raking some leaves and Sister Ealy asked how Kenneth was doing. I expected him to still be slithering around in my cozy little pouch, but he was eerily still. I took one look at his slack jaw and his empty-looking eyes and knew the worse had happened. Kenneth had died, choking on a fuzzy piece of blue lint from my jacket pouch. Oh! How we mourned! Tears were shed and, in our grief, we buried him in a bush. We were able to bond as a district over Kenneth's brilliant life and even more traumatic death. Let's just say I'm in for an awkward rendezvous with Kenneth the snake in heaven, lol! 


Also, another amusing event from these past two weeks was the new addition to our apartment! A sister missionary apartment below us was getting closed, so the Elders that were cleaning it out invited us to take anything we wanted before it was shut down. Low and behold there was a super comfy, green recliner! Like piranhas, we attacked the opportunity and brought it up to our apartment like a victorious Roman legion! We've been enjoying it ever since!

Well, that ended up being a lot longer than I anticipated but c'est la vie! I hope you all enjoy the update, and I will strive to keep up with the letters. Hopefully, you found this one somewhat interesting!

Till next time, Au Revoir et A bientot!

Love, Elder Habel 

 

 




My district:
 
Elder Wood
Elder Loesh
Elder Hawkins
Elder Owens
Elder Noble
Sister Ealy
 and 
Sister Banner.


No comments:

Post a Comment