Sunday, October 11, 2020

Bonjour mes amis et ma famille!

 Bonjour mes amis et ma famille! 

I hope all of you are doing well during these chaotic times. I hope you know how much the Lord loves each one of you!! He is our "light in the wilderness" and if we look unto Him, He is "mighty to save".  

The fact that this week is already over astounds me! Time really does fly and at supersonic speeds. I am still dumbfounded; I have just gotten done with six weeks of the online MTC. This last week with my très bon amis has been filled with spiritual edification. I have been strengthened by my teachers Soeur Corrigan and Frere Sebra and I have been inspired by my fellow missionaries! Each one of their testimonies is unique and full of faith filled love for our Savior Jesus Christ. They give me a great desire to be the best missionary and the best person I can be for those I love, which includes all of you reading this ;)! 

Something I have realized as I go into the mission field is I feel my happiest, I feel most content with myself, as I serve others out of love and as I am guided by the Holy Ghost. I feel satisfied in my soul as I sincerely listen to others. I feel pure joy as I make others' days better by reaching out and being myself. When we love, we listen. When we love, we are kind. When we love we are willing to lay down our own will for the eternal happiness of others. We perform kind acts that will help each child of God draw nearer to our/their Father in Heaven. 

As I go out into the field, I am reminded of these profound utterances from our Lord... 

John 15:9-14

"9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."
 

John 13:34-35

"34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I love Him. I love to keep His commandments. I love the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love His tender mercies of restoring what once was lost through His prophet Joseph Smith. I love the prophet President Russel M. Nelson and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I love the covenants and the ordinances of the restored Gospel. I love the teachings of Christ. I love all of you. Most importantly I love Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. 
 

I hope to love throughout my whole life with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength, and with all my mind. I hope all of you reading this will believe and come to cherish that God is your Heavenly Father. I hope all of you will believe and love that He loved you so much that Jesus Christ willingly came to Earth to suffer for all the hardships of life through His miraculous Atonement. Know that you are never too far gone for His loving reach. Know that there is no wrong that cannot be righted through Him. Know that you are truly a child of Heavenly Father and that you have all the potential to become as He is.  

All my love and until next time: Au revoir et à bientôt! 

Love, Elder Habel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment