Monday, November 30, 2020

Pumpkin Pies and Pyramids



 Bonjour tout les monde! 

I hope each of you had a great Thanksgiving and ate a ton of good food! Also, I hope you all watched some football because I know I was missing that! More importantly, I hope you all are happy, and your families are safe. 

So, you all are probably wondering if anything interesting happened in my life and I'm happy to inform you that yes; yes indeed, some interesting things occurred this week! First, we had Thanksgiving, obviously. We ate as a zone so Elder Hawkins and I had to bring pumpkin pies. Two of the pies turned out great! The other one...not so much, but I am happy to say it was (probably) edible! We then went to watch Fighting Preacher, but we only got thirty minutes into it before we got kicked out of the church. We Elders were pretty disappointed, so we went and made an Elder pyramid to console ourselves! We had a blast as a zone! We then got fed by the Pyne family: drop off style! I think I literally looked like an overinflated water balloon after eating all that good food! We have such an awesome ward!  

Besides Thanksgiving, a lot of other good things happened this week. We were able to teach a lot of lessons with members and nonmembers alike! We were able to drop off a Book of Mormon to Shelly and Susan! Elder Hawkins and I also found out we are going to be together for another transfer so that was awesome!!! We also got off quarantine which was a tremendous blessing!  

Speaking of events that we don't want to experience but we need to experience let's end with a spiritual lesson I learned this week. After going through life, I've had the lesson that we need to desire God's will to rule our lives, not our own will, impressed upon me. We have a limited vision for our life. He has a perfect perspective and plan for us. That perfect perspective and plan are full of so many kinds of blessings. They may as well be counted as infinite. We need to understand that hard times are for our good and learning. It is a hard lesson to learn but one that I am forever grateful for. The reason why we have the capability to learn from tough experiences in life is Jesus Christ! His Atonement, Gospel, and Resurrection give us the hope, the way, and the life/purpose to overcome these challenges. Is it any wonder the Father Himself said, "Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son.”? (2 Nephi 31:11)? Repentance is a lifestyle of always seeking to become like Jesus Christ. Baptism is literally laying down our life, our will, for the Father's. We need to always be seeking to become more like Jesus Christ and living by and with the Spirit of Baptism. If we do this we will be able to let "God Prevail" in our desires, our purposes, and ultimately our very lives. 

Know that each of you has my love! I am forever grateful and deeply thankful for everything each of you has done for me in my life.  

Till next time, Love Elder Habel :) 

I got taken to hurt street...quite literally 


"Patrik" Mahomes is a pretty cool guy. Also, the new Elder is Elder Miller, Elder Livingston's super cool trainee. 

 

The Doniphan Elders attempted to deep fry a turkey. Double emphasis on attempted.

 

Elder Livingston and Elder Miller caught an "angry" bird.



A beautiful pyramid of Elder goofiness. Talk about good times!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment