Saturday, May 22, 2021

Rest

Bonjour et bonne arrivée à cette lettre! (Hello and good arrival to this letter!) I want to first declare I love you, each and every single one of you! You got this! You are more than worth it! Why not send it? Believe in yourself, I believe in you!

Secondly, I love my Mom! She is an angel on earth like she was in heaven. She is the best! You're the best mom! The Best mom ever! 



Now let me regather myself. (Uh-hum)

This week from Elder Habel's time in Africa we did a whole lot of...

Nothing. 

And even then the Lord performed a ton of miracles. I have some sort of weird cough (not covid though I paid 20 mille francs to figure that out hahaha)! If you know me at all, you know I do not like to sit around and do nothing so having to do exactly that (sit around and do nothing) wasn't at the top of my wish list this week. I've learned a lot and slept a lot (both of which I was in need of). Rest is good. We need rest so we can heal (both physically and spiritually). Rest well so we can do the Lord's work with fervor. 

The miracles came in. We were able to help Frère Evertone, Soeur Juliana, and Sœur Moisette enter into the kingdom of our God both here for on Earth and for forever. The Lord knew I needed and was craving to see our friends again. They are happy so I am happy! I was especially thrilled after I baptized Soeur Juliana and Frère Evertone. They both were excited before the baptism and they both were filled with satisfaction and joy after the baptism. They were a little nervous and gripped my hand super tight but all of the fear was washed away when they were reemerged with newfound courage, happiness, and life. 

I feel we are like that sometimes with God. We have to put our trust in Him. Sometimes we are nervous like at the top of the arch of a roller-coaster. We don't know for sure what's gonna happen. All I know God must be pretty happy when our fears are replaced with faith and excited for us when we come to realize the vastness of His blessings after the plunge. 

So, my challenge to you is to take "the plunge" which is before you, holding God's hand. Our Savior's hands are tender and merciful. All things and your name are engraved in them. You will be brought to know joy and happiness unending and everlasting by His love.

Donc, (So), you all are awesome, keep being awesome, and I hope you all know you are awesome! I love you, each one of you. 

Avec sincérité (With sincerity), Elder Habel 










No comments:

Post a Comment