Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Badges and Baptisms

 Bonjour tout le monde! (Hello everybody!) I hope all is good wherever you are because I know each of you are good, good people!


This week in the Congo was awesome! We had a lot of rendez-vous avec nos amis (with our friends) which was really nice after not having many at all last week! We were preparing for our friends' baptisms for most of our lessons so that was fantastic! Thankfully each person who had their baptism planned for this week was baptized! We even had an extra one because Frère Mirlain was baptized but never received the gift of the Holy Ghost so we had the pleasure of helping him receive the blessed ordinances correctly! I would also like to say for each of our friends in the Lord I had the pleasure to baptize, it only took one time each! I am thankful to the Lord for His mercy which He has shown to me and has let me behold in the lives of others. 

Speaking of beholding the Hand of God in our friends' lives I have seen His hand so many times. I will share those experiences which I am guided to share.

1) My badge was retrieved for me (hence the picture with the évêque (the bishop) wearing my badge)! I wasn't expecting to ever see that again but now I will forever wear it close to my heart (both literally and metaphorically haha)!

  

2) The Lord has answered my prayers each time I have offered up my soul to Him. My mom gave me some good advice last pday about the language: just ask! Something deep rang clear in my soul that this is how the universe is. I know my Heavenly Father was tapping me on the shoulder to remind me to practice what I preach. So chaque fois (every time) I needed the Gift of Tongues I asked genuinely for the Gift. The best part was He answered perfectly each time. Not according to my will but His. I was able to say those universal principles of established truths to our amis of which they needed. Charity, Hope, and Faith are how we must live to know God. I'm glad my mom was able to show me the way so I could help mes amis and the Lord. 


3) Baptism truly is a rebirth. I had the grand opportunity to baptise Soeur Derna. When I went to faire le baptême to (do the baptism) I prayed that she would feel God's love and the Spirit in her heart. I prayed she would feel something. So we're in the font: it's cold, slightly filled with sand and trash, and perfect. By the grace of God, I was able to pronounce the prayer without mistake (though I am pretty sure I butchered Soeue Derna's name to the amusement of everyone like usual, haha). She went completely under the water and I brought her back up. It was like she was breathing in a new life like she really was just born again. It sounds strange and silly but that was a really powerful and perfect answer for me.





Well, I'm going to offer my apologies for the ramble. Sorry. I hope you each can feel the love of God, His Spirit, and know that He is real.

Because He is the Great I AM.

Sincerely, Elder Habel


    

Dinner time: Guacamole with bread, Dark green stuff with grubs, fried bananas, fruit, and mango popsicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment